As part of Engineering Operations, DevOps Engineers at Kueski make sure that our development teams have access to the tools and infrastructure that will enhance their efficiency. They are also responsible for maintaining our continuous integration pipelines and `automated builds, working as first point of contact for developer requests.
You have ...
- At least 2 years of industry experience supporting fast-paced, product-oriented development teams.
- Used configuration management tools to automate builds, Ansible preferred.
- Experience scripting day to day tasks using Python and shell.
- Orchestrated environment builds including cloud-based computing (Linux/Unix platforms), database and storage.
- Built and supported environments on the cloud using both virtualization and containerization.
- Developed CLI-based and API-oriented tools for software engineers to use.
- Implemented end-to-end continuous deployment or integration pipelines.
- Used version control for quite some time, Git preferred.
- Made it a practice to include security considerations in your decision making process.
What you will do ...
- Become first point of contact with developers.
- Develop tools and environment orchestration using a variety of technologies, including cloud virtualization and containerization.
- Evolve our configuration management framework.
- Assist other Operations engineers with automation tasks.
- Build and support continuous integration pipelines and core tasks.
- Build and maintain non-production environments, such as staging and UAT.
- Passion for building products for millions of users.
- Extraordinary breadth of knowledge in open standards and software trends.
- Skilled programmer.
- Critical Thinker.
- Positive outlook to tackling complex issues.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Clear communicator of complex ideas.
- Eager and fast learner.
- Team builder.
- B.S. Engineering degree or elite computer unit graduate.
- Database administration.
- Experience managing flows using big data and technologies such as Hadoop and Cassandra.
- Open source projects contributor.