Digital Designer (with Web Design)
Definity First is seeking a highly innovative and detail-oriented Digital Designer to join our team. It's all about solving complex problems and turning them into positive experiences through Design. In this role, you will be able to create a brand identity from scratch or design elegant and friendly UI system components such as forms, icons, and controls, to ensure a smooth design handoff.
- Bachelor’s in graphic design, Visual Arts or similar
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Digital Agency / Studio background
- 90% English
- Availability to travel to USA and meet clients when needed
As a Digital Designer, you will be able to work on a wide range of projects from logo, brand identity design, video and social media creative to web, mobile and intranet UX & UI design. We have an agile mind set, our process focuses on quick definition, design, testing and improvement. When designing a web project, you will be responsible for generating Atomic style guides and follow-up communication with our UI and Dev teams to ensure an optimal final product.
- Clear understanding of Brand identity design principles
- Clear understanding of User Experience UX and User Interface UI design best practices
- Clear understanding of Lean UX and agile methodologies
- Clear understanding of Design sprints, Atomic Design, User-Centered-Design, etc.
- Working with our Service Delivery Leaders & Customer Success Managers to ensure client satisfaction and an optimal final product.
- Ability to communicate ideas during brainstorming and develop prototypes
- Drive for learning new trends in design, technology, industry
- Ability to present a design to clients and C-Level
- Team work, works well under pressure
- Ability to go the extra mile! Creating support material like storyboards, wireframes, mockups, presentations, usability testing prototypes, interaction design animations when presenting a concept or solution
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, iWork
- Passion to learning new web design tools like Adobe Experience Design, Figma, Marvel, Etc.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load to achieve deadlines
- Advanced understanding about Responsive Web Design best practices and limitations
- Aesthetic design, illustration and iconography skills
- Video editing and motion graphics skills
- Ability to give and receive feedback from stakeholders or users
- Ability to present and envision different options for the same solution
- Deliver pixel-perfect designs and complete interaction walkthroughs
- Understanding of design thinking principles and why it is so important
- Think about user behavior and relationship with the brand when designing
- Define target audience and persona profiles to better understand their needs
- Constant improvement in UX UI design process and methodologies
- Clear and concise communication skills to present a solution
- Ability to plan, define clear objectives before generating and evaluating solutions
- Strong awareness in all creative and digital arts field
About Definity First
Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with a state-of-the-art development facility in Monterrey, Mexico; Definity First serves businesses across North America. We have built and maintained business-critical Web platforms for small-to-medium businesses as well as large multi-national corporations.
At Definity First we do not discriminate towards gender, age, sexual preferences/orientation, religion, pregnancy, ethnicity or place of origin.