Front End Engineer
Tacit Knowledge is a team of software developers, analysts and project managers who build websites and mobile apps for the brands and services you use everyday. We pull off these minor feats of engineering wizardry by assembling a team of brilliant yet humble software professionals. We are looking for an additional Front-End Engineer that can elevate the team to greater heights, while earning the respect of engineers and clients through significant contribution to enterprise development deliverables.
Our business is technical consulting in the digital commerce field. This means building award winning commerce sites and experiences on top of standard enterprise platforms such as SAP-hybris, Demandware and Adobe Experience Manager. It also means exceptional attention to software project delivery detail, and obsessive automation. We are based out of San Francisco, New York, London and Sydney, with near-shore employees in Mexico and Moldova.
As a Front End Engineer for Tacit Knowledge, you will:
- Build responsive and elegant, web based UIs, which work well across diverse devices using modern technologies as well as front end engineering best practices
- Understand and leverage your experience with content management systems and commercial sites that include an online component, such as e-commerce, transactional websites, and social websites
- Communicate with global client project leads and other software consultants on multiple projects
The Front End Engineer skills and experience you will bring to Tacit Knowledge will include:
- 4+ years experience developing a variety of websites, ideally with experience working on a commercial site with complex online components
- Proficiency in English and ability to communicate effectively with global client project leads and other software consultants on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment and communicate effectively across a range of industries with diverse technologies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in a professional consulting environment
- Significant technical contributions to complex enterprise front-end initiatives
- Experience collaborating with remote/distributed development teams;
- Insight into full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP protocol, front end asset optimization, cookies, sessions)
- Experience with client side mvc frameworks and templating engines
- Exposure to build tools (unit testing, linting, etc) which help ensure readable, maintainable and high quality front end code
If you believe your skills and experience match this position and you would like to work for a company that believes in software as a craft, please apply now for interviews this week.