Tacit Knowledge is a global consulting firm specializing in e-commerce software and website development, architecture and optimization. Our team is comprised solely of senior consultants employing Agile software development techniques, resulting in projects that are more efficient, and outcomes that are more reliable.
Your skills will never be out of date working with the latest and greatest technologies at Tacit Knowledge. As you move from one client engagement to the next, you will have ongoing exposure to multiple business problems, clients, and technology stacks.
Our culture is innately entrepreneurial because it is comprised of highly talented people who thrive in an atmosphere where ideas, actions and initiative are not only welcome, but encouraged and rewarded.
The founders of Tacit Knowledge are natural Agile gurus and it is in their collective DNA to manage everything from an Agile perspective, whether it be collaborative interviewing or embracing an iterative process to create the best performance-based bonus plan in the industry.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer with a solid background in test engineering, knowledge of enterprise systems, and a strong drive to learn new technologies and innovate on testing methods. The successful candidate will leverage creativity and talent in delivering successful projects while developing a top-notch QA career.
As a Quality Engineer for Tacit Knowledge, you will be responsible for delivering software solutions in the following areas:
- Lead quality and testing efforts on an Agile team
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Perform functional and exploratory testing
- Design, write and maintain automation scripts
- Define and track quality assurance artifacts (issues, bugs, reports, documentation etc.)
- Assess level of effort for QA tasks
- Provide Quality Assurance consultancy to clients
- Contribute to continuous improvement of Quality Engineering at Tacit Knowledge
- 5+ years of QA experience
- Solid knowledge of an array of functional and non-functional testing methodologies and tools
- Knowledge about Quality Assurance processes in an industry-wide context
- Experience in Web automation, ideally with Selenium software-testing framework
- Basic knowledge of Shell commands and scripting
- Knowledge about HTTP protocol basics
- Knowledge about issue-tracking software applications
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Knowledgeable about e-commerce technologies
- Experience in scripting languages such as Groovy or Python
- Experience in REST or SOAP API testing
- Basic experience in Continuous Integration (CI), preferably Jenkins
- Knowledgeable about Continuous Delivery (CD) principles
- Basic knowledge of version control, preferably GIT
- Knowledgeable about building tools like Gradle, ANT or Maven
- Effective in communicating in with clients and executives across a range of industries
- Experience in performance testing and analysis with tools such as JMeter
- Experience or knowledge about Scrum / Kanban / ATDD or BDD methodologies and frameworks
Tacit Knowledge offers a highly competitive base salary and provides a full range of benefits.
If you believe your skills and experience match this position please submit your resume.