Working with us is all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration and having a say in what you do. Hotwire's got the energy of a startup, PLUS, the stability of being part of the Expedia family of companies -- the largest travel company in the world! As a travel company, our business gets people out of their ordinary routines and into journeys that often surpass their dreams! As part of our company culture, we are passionate about helping our customers find the best travel deals and we're constantly talking to them to understand how we can create better travel experiences. Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork is the norm, not to mention that we consistently make time to celebrate our awesome accomplishments and each other! Wouldn't you love to be a part of this?
We thrive on delivering solutions to develop our industry niche in an agile work environment. We offer an open work environment, great travel perks, company-sponsored outings, and we take the time to invest in our community through volunteerism and philanthropy. Our employees are given opportunities to focus on their career development and we have a very progressive approach to annual reviews and employee performance. As you can see, it's different here. If you love travel and want to help our customers realize their travel dreams you're landing at the right place.
Welcome! Now prepare for career take-off!
We are looking for problem solvers with a sharp, curious and inquisitive attitude and who love digging into the product to understand it at a deeper level. As a Site Ops Engineer you strive to know the what, why and how of the application and its functionality while at the same time ensuring that all SLAs are met and the application is performing at optimal levels at all times.
• Respond to application monitoring alerts with the given SLA
• Respond to Expedia Incidents for Monitoring within the given SLA
• Perform advanced application troubleshooting, issue resolution and root cause analysis
• Create/Update knowledge base documentation on production issues
• Where feasible perform initial code analysis and debugging for issues uncovered by incidents.
• Maintain, enhance and create additional application monitors for timely and accurate issue alert notifications
• Create, maintain and enhance dashboards for ensuring application health.
• Communicate issue, impacts and resolution information in a timely manner
• Communicate and assist in coordination of issue notification and resolution with other support teams.
• BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field.
• 3-5 years' experience as a Software Developer or Support Engineer
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
• Fast learner willing and able to learn and operate with new technologies and tools.