We’re looking for a Senior Spree/Solidus Engineer with a solid foundation in Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and everything else in today's eCommerce technology stack. We want someone who is passionate - and takes pride in delivering on-time, high quality, almost error free code, with ample test coverage. We’re talking about extensible, maintainable, best-practice code - that’s both easy to read and adequately commented.
Design, develop and maintain new and existing Spree & Solidus eCommerce web applications, including feature implementation from the front-end all the way through to management of system architecture and deployments:
- Working directly with clients, or through a project manager, to develop user stories and/or requirements and acceptance criteria for future stories.
- Contributing to and driving architectural decisions.
- Pair-programming and providing hands-on mentorship to junior and intermediate engineers.
- Participating in formal and informal code reviews.
- Help to manage internal and external interfaces to support the web business and provide solutions when possible.
- Work with client’s employees to gather input and implement new features or fixes.
- Manage (automate) all end-to-end and regression testing.
- Perform complete testing of all developed units and components such as browser compatibility handling, UI/UX issues, mobile friendly design implementations, etc.
- Write technical documentation related to processes and specifications when required by Project Managers.
- Research & suggest emerging technologies with the goal of applying these technologies to current and future projects.
- Receive and internalize feedback, criticism, and guidance from Seniors/Leads.
- Achieve mastery in the tools, languages, and frameworks used by the team