We are looking for an experienced individual to lead critical development projects for customers in the United States. This position provides the critical link between our Engagement Managers and the technical team.
The ideal candidate loves technology and is able to use his/her expertise to provide end-to-end solutions to customer problems. The software architect can not only communicate, but typically is in charge of articulating the technical solution to a business problem in terms a non-technically savvy stakeholder understands.
The software architect also learns and adapts to new technology quickly, often without the need for formal training. A technical lead also has solid technology fundamentals that range from algorithms to data processing using relational databases.
A software architect is capable of coaching and mentoring more junior associates and other technical leaders.
- 5 or more years of experience as a senior developer
- 3 or more years in a customer facing role
- Developed 4 or more complex projects end-to-end
- Two or more technical certifications
- Expertise in requirements gathering methodologies: use-case based, functions based.
- Expertise in the following: Object oriented development, functional programming.
- Experience in: NET/Java (at least 4 years), SQL (at least 4 years) and HTML/CSS/AJAX (at least 3 years)
- Knowledge of relational database structures.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Ability to perform analysis of documented specifications and features and accurately translate them into working code.
- Experience with integrated development environments.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Correct usage of English grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Ability to effectively work in team environment and with people in other departments and/or outside the corporation.
- Aptitude for learning operating systems, basic database structures, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work effectively on several projects concurrently.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and make decisions within broad guidelines.
- Ability to train and provide work direction to others.
- Solid skills in problem solving, service recovery, and conflict resolution.
Education/ Special Designation
- Computer Science Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Certified MSCD/MCAD/MCP is a plus
Special Skills Skills:
- ASP NET
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server 2008+
- XML, XPath, Web Services
- Visa: No
- Passport: Yes
- English: 90% + mandatory
- Experience: 4+ years
About Definity First Headquartered in San Diego, CA, with a state-of-the-art development facility in Monterrey, Mexico, Definity First serves businesses across North America. We have built and maintained business-critical Web platforms for small-to-medium businesses as well as large multi-national corporations.